Volume, Variety, and Velocity in the Enterprise
The Metaphysics of Business Analytics
Zeno’s Paradox and Enterprise Analytics
Prioritizing Analytical Use Cases Over Perceived Requirements
Data Engagement as Second Nature will Ease the Transition
IT Becomes an Enabler
- Data is expanding, and the “connected everything” encourages users to engage their data.
- Inviting and powerful UIs enable business users to be more comfortable with less IT experience.
- Data scientists are empowered by faster and stronger algorithms and techniques to test hypotheses.
- The age of search and the intelligent web conditions users to expect instant access to data for exploration and development of hypotheses.
- Enterprises will use storytelling, data drilling, and peer-powered collaboration to generate hypotheses and make decisions.
(1) "Gartner Says 6.4 Billion Connected "Things" Will Be in Use in 2016, Up 30 Percent From 2015." November 10, 2015. http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317.